Korean Government Scholarship (KGSP)
The Korean Government Scholarship Program (KGSP) promotes international cooperation in education by inviting talented international students to Korea for an opportunity to conduct advanced studies at higher education institutions in Korea.
- Master’s Degree: 1 year Korean language courses + 2 years degree courses
- Doctoral Degree: 1 year Korean language courses + 3 years degree courses
- The applicant and his/her parents must hold foreign citizenships.
* Applicants with Korean citizenship are not permitted to apply for this program.
- Applicant must be under 40 years of age as of the selection year.
- Applicants must hold a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree as of September 1st of the selection year.
* Applicants who have completed an undergraduate program, a master’s program, or a doctoral program in Korea are ineligible to apply for the program.
- The academic achievement of the applicants must meet one of the following:
- The grade point average (GPA) must be no less than 2.64 on a 4.0 scale, 2.80 on a 4.3 scale, 2.91 on a 4.5 scale; or
- The overall grades must be no less than 80% out of 100%
Graduate and Undergraduate Program
- 1st Selection
Applicants submit their applications either to the Korean Embassies around the world or to the partnering universities in Korea. The embassies and universities select the successful candidates among the applicants in the 1st round of selection. The applications of the successful candidates will then be forwarded to the National Institute for International Education (NIIED).
- 2nd Selection
The NIIED selection committee selects the successful candidates from those who passed the 1st round.
- 3rd Selection
Among the successful candidates who have passed the 2nd round, the applicants who applied through the Korean Embassies will be reviewed by universities for admission. Successful candidates must get admission from at least one of the universities.
|Airfare||Round-trip economy class ticket|
|Monthly Allowance||900,000 KRW per month|
|Settlement Allowance||200,000 KRW upon arrival|
|Language Training Fee||Full coverage|
|Tuition||All admission fees are waived by the host institution (university)
The tuition is covered by NIIED and the university.
|Dissertation Printing Costs||Reimbursement of 500,000 ~ 800,000 KRW depending on actual costs|
|Medical Insurance||20,000 KRW per month (limited Coverage)|
|Korean Proficiency Grants||100,000 KRW per month for scholars with TOPIK Level 5 or 6|