2018 Fall Teach and Learn in Korea (TaLK) Scholarship
The TaLK (Teach and Learn in Korea) program invites undergraduate and graduate students to "Teach English on Korean Government Scholarship." The program is sponsored by the Ministry of Education in Korea. The participants will teach English in after-school classes of Korean elementary schools in rural areas.
Citizens of the United States of America, Australia, Canada, Ireland, New Zealand, South Africa, or the United Kingdom who have successfully completed at least two years of undergraduate education or have Associate's degree are eligible for TaLK program.
* Overseas Koreans in their 1st or 2nd year of undergraduate study are eligible if they qualify for the F-4 visa or hold Korean citizenship.
2. Job Description
TaLK scholars are required to teach English in after-school classes in the elementary school designated by the Provincial Office of Education(POE) during the term of scholarship after finishing online pre-orientation and on-site four-week orientation program.
3. Contract Term: 1 year, 6 months possible (average 15 class hours per week) – Term begins from Aug.1, 2018
Monthly stipend (1,500,000 KRW per month), entrance flight allowances, Settlement allowance (ONE TIME: 300,000 Korean Won), medical insurance, vacation leave, sponsored cultural trips, etc.
5. Application Information
All applicants are required to complete an online application by creating a TaLK account on the TaLK web site at http://www.talk.go.kr. They need to send application materials to one of the application offices according to the location of their residence or universities. Application is open until June 22,2018
**Applicants who submit application and required documents early may have higher chance of acceptance. If there is a sufficient number of applicants, the application process may close even before the deadline.**
6. Application Procedures
(1) On-line Application
- Go to the TaLK website (www.talk.go.kr) and click the “Apply Now” menu.
- Submit the following documents on-line through the Talk website.
① Application A
② Application B (Personal Medical Assessment & Personal Essay)
③ A photo
(2) Interview & Submission of Required Documents
- An interview is held at Korean Education Center in Atlanta
- Submit all the required documents (original copies unless it states it accepts the copy)
※ Refer to the TaLK website (www.talk.go.kr) for detailed information on how to prepare the required documents.
7. Application Office: Korean Education Center in Atlanta
3505 Koger Boulevard, Duluth GA 30096
Phone: (470) 375-7186, (770) 686-3949
Office closed on March 1, 2021(Independence Movement Day)
애틀랜타 한국교육원 | 2021.02.26 | Votes 0 | Views 83
August 2021 TaLK Application Open
애틀랜타 한국교육원 | 2021.02.22 | Votes 0 | Views 112
The 30th & The 31st AKS Summer Program for International Students
애틀랜타 한국교육원 | 2021.02.22 | Votes 0 | Views 86
2021 Global Korean Scholarship for Graduate Degree
애틀랜타 한국교육원 | 2021.02.19 | Votes 0 | Views 315
Closed on Monday, February 15, 2021 in observance of Presidents' Day
애틀랜타 한국교육원 | 2021.02.12 | Votes 0 | Views 81