Teach and Learn in Korea
Teach and Learn in Korea (TaLK) is a unique Korean government English teaching scholarship program for undergraduates who are seeking a personal, professional, and educational experience in the Republic of Korea.
- Completed Associate’s Degree or enrolled in a Bachelor’s Degree Program (3rd year or higher)
- Native English speaker and citizen of one of the following countries: Australia, Canada, Ireland, New Zealand, South Africa, U.K., or U.S.A.
TaLK scholars teach conversational English with a Korean co-teacher in after-school classes Monday through Friday (~15 instructional hours/week) in rural placements around Korea. Scholars undergo a one-month orientation upon arrival in Korea and are expected to make creative and interesting lesson plans to both spread English education and bridge cultures.
The Korean government provides TaLK scholars with accommodation, an in-class co-scholar, entrance and exit allowances, medical insurance coverage, a monthly stipend, cultural field trips, a one-month orientation, settlement allowance, scholarship completion certificate, and vacation leave during the program.
When to Apply
- Spring Semester (program starts in February) : September ~ November
- Fall Semester (program starts in August) : March ~ May
How to Apply
Apply Online (www.talk.go.kr) >> Interview >> Submit required documents >> Review by NIIED >> Result notice
For More Information
- Korean Education Center in Atlanta
- Website: atlantakec.org
- Tel: 470-375-7186, 770-686-3949
- Email: email@example.com