EPIK (English Program in Korea) is an English teaching program that helps foreign teachers and Korean students to improve English-speaking abilities and develop a cultural exchange between Korea other nations.
To be eligible, a candidate must:
- Hold a completed Bachelor’s degree or higher from an accredited program.
- Have citizenship in one of the following countries where English is the primary language: Australia, Canada, Ireland, New Zealand, United Kingdom, United States, or South Africa.
EPIK teachers jointly conduct and assist English classes (40 hours/week) with a Korean co-teacher as well as prepare English teaching materials and assist with extracurricular language education activities. Placements in the EPIK program are in metropolitan areas, and EPIK teachers may renew their contract annually.
1 full year (52 weeks)
Benefits of the EPIK program include an entrance allowance, settlement allowance, EPIK orientation, furnished housing, severance pay, renewal allowance, and compulsory medical insurance.
When to Apply
- Spring Semester (program starts in February): September – November
- Fall Semester (program starts in August): March – May
How to Apply
Email required documents (email@example.com) >> Interview >> Submit required documents >> Review >> Result notice.
For More Information
- National Institute for International Education (NIIED)
- Website: www.niied.go.kr
- Tel. 82-02-3668-1300